With Christmas just behind us and before the diets really kick in why not try a little family dish from the professional caterers in Edinburgh and East Lothian.
Chestnut, Apricot and cashew nut sausage rolls.
- Using the leftover sausage meat from your stuffing, add some chopped ready to ear dried apricots, some pre cooked chestnuts and cashew nuts (fried in a little oil until browned – releases flavour and makes them crunchy) and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Roll out a block of ready made puff pastry into a rectangle. Line the long edge with the sausage meat mix, egg wags the remaining pastry and roll till the stuffing is fully covered in pastry.
- Press gently and trim the excess pastry with a sharp knife.
- Leave to relax in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Medium to hot oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
Perfect for the children and adults alike