It is with great pleasure that I am able to confirm that we are Finalists in the Scottish Vows Awards 2019.
We are very pleased to announce that we are a finalist in the Wedding Caterer category at this years VOWS awards ceremony to be held on the 20th November. “It is a very exciting time for us at Craig Wood Catering Limited, to be recognised in this way. We were initially nominated by at […]
We are proud to announce that we are the winners of The Food Awards Scotland 2016
Well it seems that people are getting organised for next year. After a full, busy, fun and enjoyable summer we are starting to fill up for next year already. Perhaps its our bespoke, friendly and great value for money service that we offer to a very high standard week in week out backed up with professionalism and frienliness. Why not send an email to see what we really can do for you. Look forward to chatting. Craig
We at Craig Wood Catering are always striving to improve and consolidate our reputation as the friendliest, professional, value for money and personal catering company to provide all forms of Outside catering, Wedding catering, Marquee catering and Bars in Edinburgh and the Lothians.
This month we are going to look at some of our new canapes to add to the wide range that we already have in place.
We are noticing a trend in larger groups enjoying the experience of hiring us to cater for their private party in a wide range of places, from Stately homes, to private dwellings to village halls to rented lodges with canape and ‘fork’ buffets being all the rage.
We can offer a full cash bar service as well as providing staff and glassware to serve and look after the drinks your guests with drinks that you have provided,
- Fried Arancini with mozzarella and Chorizo sausage
- Mini scotch eggs with quails egg
- Melon wrapped in parma ham soaked in green ginger syrup
- Parma ham, goats cheese and rocket salad served in an edible pastry spoon
- Shredded duck, hoi sin, grated cucumber and julienne of spring onion in a mini tortilla wrap
- Stornoway black pudding balls in a tempura batter with sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Mini yorkshire puddings filled with a horseradish creme fraiche and shavings of stir fried beef
I hope the above sets your taste buds alight and full recipes can be supplied for all if required.
With Christmas just behind us and before the diets really kick in why not try a little family dish from the professional caterers in Edinburgh and East Lothian.
Chestnut, Apricot and cashew nut sausage rolls.
- Using the leftover sausage meat from your stuffing, add some chopped ready to ear dried apricots, some pre cooked chestnuts and cashew nuts (fried in a little oil until browned – releases flavour and makes them crunchy) and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Roll out a block of ready made puff pastry into a rectangle. Line the long edge with the sausage meat mix, egg wags the remaining pastry and roll till the stuffing is fully covered in pastry.
- Press gently and trim the excess pastry with a sharp knife.
- Leave to relax in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Medium to hot oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
Perfect for the children and adults alike
Welcome to the blog and new section of Craig Wood Catering in Edinburgh. We will be posting news and current offers here. So keep checking back.
Craig Wood Catering is an Edinburgh Catering Company.
We are dedicated to providing the best personal service and quality food possible whilst still offering value for money.
07834 900 634
Craig Wood Catering